GMail out of beta soon?
Charlene Li (of Forrester Research) claims that Y! Mail has upped the storage to 1 GB to match GMail and combining that observation with the recent increase of invites count to 50 for all GMail users, it is a sign that GMail is soon coming out of beta!
Holy smokes, that is tempting – a non-beta stable GMail. I can think of a few things I’d like to see in GMail:
- Ability to break conversations and save individual mails
- Single-click ‘trash this mail’ button
- Ability to add notes to a conversation? That would be really really cool.
- Google Calendar (I badly want to see this)
- Send and receive using my domain email account (This can be a plus feature. I’m willing to sign up)
If they can implement these things, I’m hooked!
Also, I’m waiting to see a face-lift to Yahoo! Mail as well. Whatever happened to the supposed Oddpost integration? Sigh.
P.S. If you are wondering why I seemed to rant about the ‘innovative’ part in my previous post… well, it’s just that I’m tired of the Google orgasm that the world is in today. Yes, Google rocks and does great stuff. Let’s not forget other companies do great stuff as well. For example, MSN Image Search seems to be better than the competitors out there.
Update: Will GMessenger come out on April 1st (like GMail last year) ?