Partly inspired by my gang's craziness, and partly inspired by Shree, I bought a cycle a month ago, and I've been cycling to work on 2-3 days in a week ever since.
Some observations :
- People who drive in Bangalore have no respect for cyclists.
- The assumption is that the only reason you're on a cycle is because you can't afford a bike.
- Traffic is so dangerous for slow-movers like cyclists.
- People find it funny to see a guy riding a cycle listening to his iPod while most people are in formals on bikes.
- When most people my age are planning to buy a car, mom is wondering why I'm buying a cycle.
- It takes 45 min to travel the 8 km on cycle, just 10-15 min more than my bike (mainly because of the traffic)
- After I reach office, I feel energised and have noticed a positive effect in the concentration at work.
- No traffic cop trouble. They never bother cyclists.
- It's dangerous to be on a cycle at night. It doesn't have a headlight.
- Never park your cycle just about anywhere, it'll easily get stolen.
- I save on petrol.
- I feel like I save an hour everyday because I don't need to exercise separately now.
- Cycling is fun.
- 8 km is turning out to be easy now. Shree, when do we do a long one?