Like a broken record, I keep coming back to What are the killer web applications for India? So, I decided to make a list.
A list of websites that are useful for most people in India. But what kind of websites am I looking at? The website should be something useful enough to compel a person without internet access to go to a cybercafe just to access this website.
Here's what I have so far:
- RedBus.in for bus tickets
- Also KSRTC.in for govt bus tickets in Karnataka
- IRCTC.co.in for train tickets
- Inasra.com to book hotel rooms
- HungryZone.com (especially HungryBangalore.com) for restaurant reservations and home delivery
- YellowPages.Sulekha.com for finding local businesses and services
- BookMyShow.com for movie tickets
- MapMyIndia for maps and driving directions (even in Bangalore)
- Handiman for handyman services
Note: The definition of usefulness here is in terms of the concept. However, these websites are not verified in any sense. There's no guarantee that they are good or even trustworthy, but I would encourage you to check out their services if they are useful. That's the whole point.
I'll keep updating this list as and when I find more such websites.
Update: Added BookMyShow, KRSTC.in, MapMyIndia.
Update on 2008 May 15 : Added Handiman