Hats off To Chak De

08 Sep 2007

Ever since I got into running a couple of years back, I have become fascinated with sports, especially because it is so character-building. For example, one of the things I've learnt (the hard way) is team spirit, both in trekking as a group and in running (which, in my opinion, was one of the reasons that lead to ion).

I think every child should be compulsorily part of a sports team, whether it is cricket, badminton, track team or chess.

I never imagined that Bollywood can produce a good sports movie, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvSpW2ZaYxU]

"Chak De! India" is a very good movie. Go watch it.

chakde9

"Run and become. Become and run. Run to succeed in the outer world. Become to proceed in the inner world."

-- Sri Chinmoy A.C.

Comments

@Ranganath : :)

Mahesh says:

HI Swaroop,

"I think every child should be compulsorily part of a sports team"

Forcing a child to do something he/she doesn't want to is not correct. If a child shows interest in sports then I think all encouragement needs to be provided.

Regards,
Mahesh.

@Mahesh: Many students don't like studying, they prefer to look at business or sports. Yet, they are forced to study, aren't they?

Mahesh says:

@Swaroop: Would you like it if someone did the thinking for you? Imposed their will on you? A little bit of persuading children to study may be required so that they don't fail, however living their life for them is not correct.

@Mahesh: Whatever you just said applies to sports also. A little bit of persuading for children to play sports may also be required to teach them life lessons. For example, it teaches team work.

Mahesh says:

@Swaroop: Of course, but if they decide they're interested in something else, they should not be forced.

naresh kumar says:

really this movie is full of enjoyment as well as its a great leasson fo any team who who don't have as much confidence, and its a great example of team-building............

ranganaths says:

Running is fun.. just got to hold ur breath though :)