Running

23 Jul 2006

Today, I achieved 34 km.

Yeah, my stamina has improved.

Here's some of the "running gyaan" I've collected over the past few months:

Comments

Jayakumar says:

Bravo and congrats on the 34km run! In my experience, over time I and other running buddies started getting knee pain from running on tar roads, it affects some people more than others but it's worth keeping an eye out for. One wishes that gravel or sandy running paths were more available.

Sujith says:

Hey Swaroop i came to read your blog today morning. And hence i came to know that apart from a programmer u could also become a good athlete. Sorry i foregot to introduce me. Am Sujith H who took the degree of B.Tech in IT and is intrested to work in Linux(only in Linux). My intresting area is in embedded Linux. Thats all for now.

Madhooo says:

Very inspiring. The tips were very good. Thanks.:))

t3rmin4t0r says:

Hmm... is it just me, are you taking the Forrest Gump approach to lyfe ?

@Jayakumar : Thanks. Yes, that's true, I've heard of people who find it difficult to run on tar roads now. Thankfully, the roads haven't affected me yet. Touch wood.

@Sujith : Nice to hear from you.

@Madhooo : You're welcome :-)

@t3 : Never thought so much about it. Don't know if that's a good thing or not.

Azmi Ahmad says:

I wish I could do 10% of that

Akshay Surve says:

Hey coOL gyaan !

To add some of my own:

A Goal is very very important. I have seen ppl comming for a run on the first day and managing to do pretty well (considering its their first run after a long time). In a couple of days they slow down drastically and then just vanish. This is probably because of an ill-defined goal.

Also, I feel just to run till your tired is not at all an appropriate goal (atleast this is true for me). I found, whn I used to decide that I would run for X km or min or rounds that is whn I would really achieve my best.

Hey, I didn't need any company for running or an iPod. It was difficult to convince my friends that a half-marathon in a months practice is possible. Also, I developed a couple of cool-tricks of my own which would keep me focussed on the task and determined.

Rk says:

Good to hear that. Can you tell me number of kgs reduced approx and for how many months ? That should really motivate me....

@RK : I didn't keep track of weight, because that was not my motivation.

Sammer says:

Where did you practice? Any good grounds near by to EGL/Airport road

-Sammer