Tadiyandamol

22 May 2006

Some weeks ago, 8 of us yahoos went to Tadiyandamol for trekking.

Directions to reach Tadiyandamol : Take the bus from Bangalore to Virajpet. Catch a local bus to Kaikamba, which comes before Kakkabe. From there, you can ask the locals for "raja mane" (King's house) and you can start trekking. To book food at the Palace Estate, you can contact Prakash at 98804 47702.

Old Tower

Fields Pink flower Red flower Yellow flower

The scorching heat was a problem, especially for the first-time trekkers, but we pushed them on.

The view from the Tadiyandamol peak made it all worthwhile. It was simply breathtaking. Many of us were silent for a while, just letting our eyes do the savouring. After that, we started chattering again, taking some crazy snaps and even dancing on top of a stone next to the cliff.

The yahoos Walking Mountains Mountainview Table top Mountain view Fruity Dekho No mountain high enough, eh? Posing The Yahoos

Wallpaper-quality photos:

Mountain view Ari Ari Climbing down Climbing down

We had lunch at King's Palace and the food was just great. I liked the bread payasa.

King's Cottage

Comments

Aarthi says:

Awesome pictures! Anthurium (the red one) looks really good. So does the skyline.

@Aarthi : Thanks. Some more skyline photos coming soon :-)

Ravishankar says:

Nice snaps..the wall paper quality photos are wonderful.
i haven't been on trek at Tadiyandamol but had been on a car drive with a friend to that madikeri and virajpet. Its a very nice place

Avi says:

This place is truly amazing. I was there the last weekend and I agree with u.

PRIYANKA says:

THIS REALLY A SUPERB PLACE. I HEARD ABOUT MADIKERI AND ALSO VISITED RAJA SEAT AND ABBI FALLS BUT I WAS NOT IMPRESSED BY THE SCENIC BEAUTY OF THAT PLACE BECOS THAT DID NOT IS NOT AS BEAUTIFUL AS BISLE FOREST AREA.
NOW I AM THINKING OF GOING TO THAT PALCE TOMARROW WITH A BUNCH OF FRIENDS.

Abraham Yesu Praksh says:

Thanks for these info. it will help me next time when i trek this amazing place. I'd like to appreciate on the quality of the pictures in your post, it is superb.