A R Rahman Concert

09 Oct 2005

The A R Rahman New Dimensional Tour came to Bangalore yesterday.

![50721766][Small][]

![50721704][Small][]

It rained heavily causing the show to start late by 2 hours. Sivamani played a small display of his amazing drums capabilities that kept the crowd satisfied till Rahman entered the stage. When the show did start, Rahman started off with the song from Yuva. After that, there were various songs sung by Hariharan, Shankar Mahadevan, Alka Yagnik, Sadhna Sargam, Sukhwinder Singh, Chitra, Blaaze, ... with Rahman playing the piano for most of the songs. Rahman did sing 3-4 songs himself.

![50721648][Small][]

![50721830][Small][]

Although I was disappointed with the selection of songs as well as the speakers system, there were a few good songs that were worth it. Listening to Hariharan sing 'Roja Janeman' live was alone worth it. There was also the Kannada version of 'Kehna Hi Kya' sung by Chitra, 'Telephone Dhun' by Hariharan, 'Chaiyya Chaiyya' by Sukhwinder Singh, and of course, 'Chale Chalo' from Lagaan by Rahman himself.

Comments

DesiPundit » Rain gods and Musical god grace Bangalore says:

[...] A R Rahman performed in Bangalore yesterday and Swaroop was one among the 25,000 people who attended the event. Prabhu and Rubic Cube seem to have thoroughly enjoyed the concert. [...]

Prabhu n Ferrari » Wow says:

[...] Update: Please check Swaroop’s page for some good quality pictures [...]

Rubic_Cube says:

Man.. did you sneak in a digital camera or something? Or is it one of those Sony Ericsson mobiles that have quite a good camera with zoom in them...
Am sure, you would have thanked all the stars above (though they were covered by clouds!) that you got this cellphone. The first pic of ARR singing has come out really well.
Danksu for sharing!

niara says:

I was wondering whether the concert happened at all.: )
I went for the dandiya. Guess who won a prize for dancing?
; )

yashwanth says:

Dude,i was there too. i got drenched.but, after Rahman came and said that we are going to 'do music today' , i just rushed to the front ( even tho i had the 3000 bucks ticket :) and stood there ,till they started. i just loved the show man.rahman is God.he was so cool on stage,and the others singers were also really good. yes,the sound was disappointing,but then considering that the concert happened at all,i think they managed the show pretty well.

Arun Magia says:

I thought they were expecting 100,000 people.

How did local boy Mohammed Aslam do ? He did couple of songs in the movie " Desam " (Tamil version of Swades). He is Rehmanji's new find. Thanks, Arun

@Rubic_cube : Yes, I sneaked in my [digicam](http://konicaminolta.com/products/consumer/digital_camera/dimage/dimage-xg/).

@Niara : Cool!! I wanna know more.

@Yashwanth : I felt the song selection and stage presence could have been improved a lot. Stage shows are not about just playing songs, it's about keeping the audience enthralled. Somehow, I was not satisfied, but nonetheless, I was happy I got to attend the show.

@Arun : I don't remember any Aslam coming on stage :-)

Arun Magia says:

Swaroop, Thanks a bunch. I believe Aslam sang duet with Alka (Taal), solo dil ne jise aapna kaha or a solo from Kisna and Yuhin Chala from Swades with Hariharan and Kailash Kher.

@Arun: Okay, I didn't know that before :-) I would've really loved to hear Yuhin Chala in the concert.

crsathish says:

swaroop, u r lucky enough to attend concert. good post ! pl. allow me to link it in my blog too...

pravin says:

does anybody know whom to contact for arranging a live show by rehman(college show)

x says:

hey man I am going for the ar rahman cocert on 17th nov delhi. last artists to come were big stars akon(who played near my venue)and other big western stars. I didn't give a damn!!this will the first live concert I will attending in my whole life!