Sampada

30 Aug 2005

Nadig and others have started Sampada - a site for all things Kannada. It has taken off really well in a short period.

There are Kannada-related articles, blogs, discussions, book reviews, a learning center and any thing you would like to contribute!

Comments

Pradeep Kishore Gowda says:

does it mean that you can read kannada unicode on your mac now?

ಇದನ�ನ� ಓದಲಿಕ�ಕೆ ಆಗ�ತ�ತದೆಯೋ?

@Pradeep, I'm clearly able to read what you wrote in Kannada. vodakke aagthidey.

The problem, however, is the "collation" i.e. individual alphabets of the words are separate, they're not a word as in real written Kannada. How do I make Tiger "understand" Kannada alphabets? Last time I tried, I got tired of broken links and pages with incomplete info...

Also, I still haven't figured out how to key in Kannada alphabets. It's on the TODO list ;-)

Ankit says:

Hmmm... 18 days since your last post? What's up ? I hope you havent lost interest in your blog - because it has always been a good read for me. And I hope you arent doing to your blog what I did to mine - Kill it! [gasp! :D]

Waiting for your next enlightening post.

hpnadig says:

Also, I still haven’t figured out how to key in Kannada alphabets. It’s on the TODO list ;-)

There's now a keyboard layout and a Unicode font for Mac OS X.
Check this.

@Ankit: I was tempted to kill it, but didn't. I realized that in the past year, I have had a terrible imbalance between my offline and online lives and I'm correcting that now.

@hpnadig: Thanks for the heads up. Will check it out :-).

Ankit says:

> @Ankit: I was tempted to kill it, but didn’t. I realized that in the past year, I have had a terrible imbalance between my offline and online lives and I’m correcting that now.

Yeah! I had the same shock when I realised I hadn't gone out of the house for an entire week just because I would spend half of my time blogging or half of the time [ok make that quarter :D] studying! Now I have a finer balance although not perfect though.

Ankit says:

>@Ankit: I guess we both have realized, in our own ways, that the most important things are the ones not viewable through a computer screen.

Precisely! ;-)