Broadband

23 Jul 2005

I heard that Reliance InfoComm is offering broadband connections of 128 K speed, 10 GB limit for Rs 750 per month. Has anybody else heard/tried this?

That's heck of a lot better than the 1 GB limit that I have with Sify right now.

There have been too many horror stories about Broadband ISPs for me to just jump in with Reliance...

Comments

Ankit Malik says:

Wow! Sounds too good to be true! Atleast here in India, it sounds real good to be true.

I hope this is a *real* scheme sans clauses. I am also using Sify but the Unlimited 48 kbps plan. Although I am a satisfied customer, but I hate the speed. Of course I get what I paid for!!! ;-) But still there is no such thing as quenched bandwidth!!! You will always be thirsty for more :D

Noorul says:

TRAI says that
Broadband connectivity should be defined as “An always-on data connection that is able to support various interactive services, and has the capability
of a minimum download speed of 256 Kbps.� This definition for throughput may undergo upward changes in the future.

I am still really confused, how could these ISPs propogate 64,128 kbps as broadband connections. And that too from my friends, I heard that this connection is shared by many people and bandwidth get reduced to mere 10kbps.

Ankit Malik says:

They don't call it broadband. What they do is add the term "Broadband" to their entire list which consists of one or two plans which are realistically 256. The rest they specify as 'Hi-Speed' but the entire list is dished as "Broadband".

So, they, in a way, flatter to deceive.

Mahesh says:

Maybe you should try the 128kbps Airtel unlimited at 950/-. It sounds as a better plan to me. Including the phone rental with 450 free call units the price you pay per month should be around 1400/-

I'm sure Reliance would also have some telephone rental charges along with the plan to the same tune.

I don't know about the actual bandwidth you would receive frm Reliance but my Airtel connection never fell below 128kbps

-Mahesh
Celebrating Life...

@Ankit: Rightly said. _yeh dil maange more_ ;-)

@Mahesh: Are you using the Airtel unlimited connection? Their [tariffs](http://airtel-broadband.com/tariff_kk.htm) do not mention the bandwidth part :|

Azmi says:

There is one connection from ZeeNext available, where they have Speed of upto 256 kbps and Unlimited Doenload. See http://www.zeenext.com/tariff.html. I talked to their executive and this is a cable modem connection so inital cost will be 4-5k :|

Azmi says:

Forgot to mention, monthly rental is Rs. 1499 for Zeenext/256kbps/unlimited connection

Prakash says:

If you are taking a service from Reliance, be very very very careful. It might work fine and go smooth. But if there is any problem especially with respect to service or billing, they will create hell. Basing these comments on actual interaction with many others and problems I have faced with them as well.

Reliance technology is real good.. but the company, its ethics and its working style is horrendously bad. Beware.

Mahesh says:

@Mahesh: Are you using the Airtel unlimited connection? Their tariffs do not mention the bandwidth part :|

Yes, we are subscribed to the unlimited download option plan. I was referring to the Home 128 plan @

-Mahesh
Celebrating Life...

Mahesh says:

This interface doesn't handle links well?? the underscores in my earlier post are messed up.

The link is:

replace "-underscore-" with "_"

-Mahesh
Celebrating Life…

@Mahesh: Sorry about the link thing, it's because of the Markdown syntax thingy. Thanks for the info.

Rohan Roy says:

can we get unlimited downloads on Airtel broadband using 256Kbps at a monthly charge between Rs300 to Rs500?

sathisha cyberclick says:

can i get unlimited on Airtel broadband using 256Kbps at a monthly ) for cyber cafe ,girinagar Bangalore, India .

Sumanth says:

Yes U can get unlimited 256 Kbps airtel for 1950 for NET CAFE use....its a special offer..

Actually the plan Amount is 749 after that u will be charged
1 rs per MB. When reach the threshold of 1945 u will automatically upgraded to unlimited plan.